HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I recently replaced a battery in a '05 explorer that had

Customer Question

I recently replaced a battery in a '05 explorer that had been sitting around for a while. It's currently in fail safe mode (it won't turn over) and when I scan for codes it's giving me p2104 & p2112. Will replacing the ETB fix the problem or has there been any more damage done to the car with people trying to start it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, yes with throttle body codes this is usually the case, you can try to clean the throttle body first and see if the codes come back by desludging the carbon buildup on the throttle plate and clearing codes and see if it will run

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way you can send a pdf of the throttle placement of any other information you may have on it?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

On how to replace the throttle body?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That or how to take apart for cleaning
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Its pretty straight forward. Remove the air filter housing inlet tube to the throttle body. Push open the throttle plate and spray carb cleaner inside the throttle bore and using your finger or a toothbrush clean off the crabon buildup where the throttle plate stops when closed inside. To remove,uplug the throttle body electrical connector,remove the 4 bolts and reverse proceedure.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello do you need more help with this concern?