Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

Ford edge has vibration at low speed but mostly when getting

Customer Question

Customer: ford edge has vibration at low speed but mostly when getting on and off ramps
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: vibration feels like driving over the wake up ridges but it only lasts a few seconds
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long is a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

Since most on off ramps include a turn, can I assume the noise is when turning and slowing. That might indicate a cv-joint worn. I would check for a ripped or torn cv-joint grease boot on the front and if found, that is most likely the cv-joint that is worn because of the lack of grease. Look to see if you see grease thrown all around where the cv boot tore.