Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My running broads quit working on my 2012 f-150 truck with

Customer Question

my running broads quit working on my 2012 f-150 truck with 70,000.00 miles
I check the fuse
and unhook battery cable form battery and connected them together for 10 min and hook make up for rebooting system and still do not work it all started with battery go bad.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Quite often a dying battery damages modules, so keep that in mind that it may be the PRB power running board module on the back of the cab behind the rear seats to blame. Can you access this module and confirm its getting power and ground. black/yellow ground, blue/red power.

At the drivers running board. Back probe the connector on the blue/white and white wires. See if you get power and ground on these motor wires when the boards should be moving. If not then suspect the module if the door ajar sensors work and the message center will not move the boards when toggling between manual and auto mode.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.