James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have A 2003 F-350 WITH THE 6.0 DISEL. Turbo stopped

Customer Question

Customer: I have A 2003 F-350 WITH THE 6.0 DISEL. Turbo stopped working. Took it off cleaned the inside and the vanes looked fine. Still didn't work. Replace the wastgate solenoid. Nothing. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Turbo doesn't work. What should I do?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you have a way to test for codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry I lost Internet for a while. Without testing for codes I would begins with the basics. Visually do you see exhaust leaks or CAC tube leaks? Next if the EGR valve is stuck open slightly if will cause no boost. So can a map sensor or exhaust back pressure sensor. If the map sensor hose is plugged with carbon or the exhaust sensor is plugged with carbon you won't get any boost.