Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 Ford Expedition abs pump runs continuously unless I

Customer Question

2000 Ford Expedition abs pump runs continuously unless I remove the abs fuse. Is the only fix to replace control unit? Or is there another relay or sensor that would make the pump run?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Unfortunately in 99% of all cases this is caused by a failing Anti lock Brake System Control Module as you suspect. One thing you need to check is the harness at the ABS module for any signs of wires to be shorted together. If the wiring checks okay then the module will need to be replaced. The ABS relay is incorporated into the module so it can not be serviced separately. When replacing the module it will require programming as well.