Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

Ok, i found a tsb that indicates that at least 3 of the dtc

Customer Question

ok, i found a tsb that indicates that at least 3 of the dtc codes i am getting and two fuel gauge problems could be solved by replacing the canister purge valve. i have the ford shop manual on cd which show the purge valve to be near the throttle body with a couple of hoses. ford parts shows something completely different, probably for an older focus, autozone agrees with that. so I want to replace the purge valve, but i cant seem to come up with the proper part number. its driving me crazy.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

On these vehicles you would replace the canister , because the purge valve is not separate.Part Number : AS4Z-9D653-F. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given ,until you are completely satisfied with my answers. .

Go to OEMFordParts.com and input your VIN # ***** see if part # ***** been superceded.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is my problem. From what I can find the purge valve is near the throttle body. The vent valve is plugged into the canister near the fuel tank. I find confusion in what is what between the two. The tsb I am seeing says the purge valve needs to be replaced which would be near the throttle body. It also says to check the canister for fuel inside, and replace if so. As far as I can tell the purge valve is by the throttle body and the vent valve is plugged into the canister. So, I am looking for the part number for the purge valve near the throttle body which includes the valve, two hoses and a filter.

You have the 2 valves locations confused and reversed. Apparently the vent valve is only available in the aftermarket I found it at RockAuto.com. (located near the throttlebody) If I had you complete vin # ***** could get it from Ford with hoses and all, but why the only part that usually fails is the valve, unless you have brittle hoses with holes or something like that. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given ,until you are completely satisfied with my answers. .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the answers provided to me were incorrect. i was right about the location of the purge valve. i have ordered and replaced it and fixed all my problems per the tsb. the website i was offered was spelled wrong, the location of the valve provided was wrong, the answers i got from this site was a total waste of money.

I am sorry you feel that way,but the information is accurate according to alldata.com, unless there was a misprint on their site.