EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I own a 2007 Ford Ranger 4WD 4 litre. I had the clutch

Customer Question

Customer: I own a 2007 Ford Ranger 4WD 4 litre. I had the clutch replaced last year. the slave cylinder was not replaced until last week because of progressive problems with shifting. I could only start the truck with the clutch petal to the floor and it would still lurch forward. I had the slave cylinder replaced last week and have no pressure on the clutch petal when I push it for 4 inches and it only engages the clutch for 1 inch.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now it is back to the same thing. I have to start my truck in gear while it lurches forward when the starter is starting the engine. If I stop at a stop light I have to turn off the engine because I cannot shift into gear while the engine is idling. Any help would be appreciated.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi. You replaced the slave in the trans? Not the clutch master cylinder?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mechanic replaced the clutch last year, but not the slave cylinder until last week. the problem is the same. Can't start the truck in neutral because I can't shift it into gear. If I start the truck in gear in gear it lurches forward while the starter is starting the engine. All repairs were done by a NAPA certified mechanic. I have not done any of these repairs myself.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mechanic has tried to bleed the clutch and I know these transmissions are a bitch to get all the air out of the hydraulic clutches, but what more does he have to do? There is only 1" of clutch at the bottom of the pedal. The top 4" is nothing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The master cylinder has not been replaced .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still working on my transmission problem?

Yes i am. SOrry. For some reason your responses didn't show up on my chat yesterday.

Those are very difficult to get bled out. So the pedal was fine after the clutch replacement, then it recently started getting lower? Then replacing the slave the pedal is the same.?

Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service and have a great Holiday!

Hi. Have you made progress with your clutch? Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service and have a great Holiday!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I still have the same problem. What is the next thing to do?

What has been done since we last chatted?