Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

, I left the back hatch opened in my garage days (after

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I left the back hatch opened in my garage for four days (after I vacuumed the interior ) the interior light turn themselves off after a few minutes .I close the hatch today and drove the car now I can't get the lights to turn off. So far I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes but there still on after I reconnected the battery Can you help me please?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What is the year, make, model of the vehicle you are working on?

Have you tried lubing the hinges and the door lock with a graphite door lock spray to see if the mechanism ins't closing all the way and keeping the light on? If not, try that on the rear door. The light switch may be stuck or it may be bad (depending on vehicle) and causing this issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK The car is a 2011 Ford Escape I left the rear hatch opened in my garage for four days (I vacuumed the interior) The interior lights normally turn themselves off after a few minutes when I leave the doors open which they did. Today I closed the hatch started it and drove to the store the interior lights would not turn off no matter what I did except when I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes. thinking it may reset something when I reconnected the battery the light were still on .The hatch closes tight and so do all the doors .The headlight switch only controls the headlights .There two interior lights on the (ceiling) or interior top with switches will operate the interior lights independently of the door jamb switch with the door closed except for now the interior light in the back seat aeria doesn't have a switch
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

Are you getting a door ajar light on the dash for the hatch by chance?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?