James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F350:

Customer Question

HELLO
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, can you let me know what you are working on please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

2006 f350 super duty 6.0l powerstroke diesel

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Are you testing the high pressure oil system using special tool303-765? When you don't have a visible leak do you mean outside of the engine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes and yes

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. When testing for high pressure oil leak. This is an internal leak inside the engine. You want to listen under the valve covers and under the turbo for noise.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

right, there was no noise no leak.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Ok are you performing the test on a hot engine? Does the vehicle not run at all or does it not restart once it's hot?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no start only crank

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

If you don't hear an air leak you probably have a bad IPR valve that regulates high pressure oil.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, were you able to fix the concern?