Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I am looking intake manifold diagram on a 2005 Lincoln

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** am looking for the intake manifold diagram on a 2005 Lincoln navigator It have to plug in the lower back section of the intake manifold one tube seems to be missing and the plastic part in the intake is broken. It is a car I just bought so I dont know what happened
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2 identical tube coming out from the lower back section of the intake. the broken part is on the right (passenger) side
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

I have enclosed the factory removal steps for the intake which includes diagrams. Have a look and see if this is what you are needing. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the file. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Intake%20Dec%2015.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still see no traces on the missing tube, I saw a picture on the net of the tube, I would like to know where ut goes to. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32791&d=1296970077
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Which tube it it?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to the large group in the pic you sent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those twin tubes, I dont have on the car , I dont mind routing new ones to fix this thing but I dont know where they go.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Those twin tube are vacuum supply lines and need to be connected to a manifold source. There should be a port on the manifold that connect to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The port is there it is broken I will fix it what I would like to know is from the port you see on the pic where does each tube plug
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes It dose look like the right port, just make sure once you get it repaired it has manifold vacuum to it. All of the hose in this group need manifold vacuum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that the question is where do those come from?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The feed various actuators on the engine , if you look at the VECI sticker that should be on the top of the core support is should have the vacuum diagram for the engine with a map to where each one goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will find the sticker to see that as the whole thing was disassembled when I got it.
I will be back in a minute
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately thats the only place Ford offers it because each application is a little different. It will look like the sticker in the example in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/VECI%20Dec%2015.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesnt help me more sorry to say so
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Have you located you sticker? That will show you where each line in the vacuum harness goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the sticker but cant find this exact line of vaccum. I have everything specified on the sticker hooked up but still no clue about the port i am looking for. It must be a non evap system hook up
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Which line are you referring to , the bundle you sent in the picture? If that is the case the bundle need to hook to the vacuum port on the back side of the intake.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car was bought dismantled I am finishing hooking up everything. I noticed what looks like a broken port at the same place where the twin tubes are exiting on the pic I sent you. I dont have this tube and now i am not sure there was ever a tube coming from there. I am currently checking on some chat rooms and it look like there where some 2005 5.4 that doesnt have this tube and some other that do. I am going to continue searching as i donot want to put it all together and have to come back to it once more so i am gone plug my intake to see if there is some vacuum comnig from that port now
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the other ends of this tube are hooked up to the places they go then you should have this tube. It would also be shown in the emissions sticker . As I mentioned, this bundle is the vacuum supply line and should be hooked to a vacuum port.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tube is not present either so maybe there was never one on mine ...I ll get back to you later when I check for vacuum from this port or not
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If its not showing on your emission sticker then you are likely right.