Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

I have a 2012 Ford Escape. The parking lights were left on

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I have a 2012 Ford Escape. The parking lights were left on and the battery was successfully jumped. However, the radio display screen now just says FORD ESCAPE. The compass points and outside air temp are also displayed properly. However, the radio/CD does not work now. Everything else in the car works. The owner's manual says the radio is fuse #28, 5 amp.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, I hit enter too soon. The owner's manual says the fuse is 5 amp, but it had a 20 amp fuse instead of a 5. There are 7 fuses in 8 slots and I checked them with a flute meter and all are working in that section. Do you know of any more fuses or relays I should check? I bought this car new with 2200 miles. Carl
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do this remove both battery cables rub them together and then clamp them together, while clamped together go inside and move your key through all positions and then back to off. After that re attach your battery cables this will force your network and all modules into a reboot. When the battery ran down, modules have built in battery drain protection and so does the network host module it will disable radio function and not all times restores it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work. Did I need to wait a certain length of time before I started the car again? Thanks. Carl

No sir. You did right I'm sorry your gone have to go to ford and let them unlock it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.

thank you sir, if you are happy kindly give me a positive rating for it is how i receive credit for helping you