HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a edge, I had a sensor go out - throttle sensor -

Customer Question

Customer: i have a edge, I had a sensor go out - throttle sensor - just changed it and its still doing the same problem. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car has a delay when you step on the gas. I had the little wrench go on and they put a code reader on it and it said this sensor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have to have the car warm up, so it doesn't have the stall
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

Hello, do you know what the code number that was stored to indicate the tps was bad? Have you tried cleaning out the throttle body? This is a fly by wire throttle body with no throttle cables correct? You didnt mention what year or engine size the edge was

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
2009 ford edge. Looking for engine size
I didn't read the code. The mechanic told me what was supposed to.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

More than likely if it is a fly by wire throttle body, there is an issue with the throttle body actuator that moves the throttle plate and usually sets codes like P2111 P2112 for instance and replacing the throttle body assembly would correct a loss of throttle response

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you have to replace the whole boby. We just replaced the sensor. Flat looking with a connection that snaps into the top... little bigger than a man palm
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

The throttle body is what the tps sensor bolts to on the side, 4 bolts hold it to the intake manifold. The air inlet tube from the air filter housing wraps around the opening of the throttle body

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Question. I have to change the whole thing vs just the sensor to make the problem go away
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

If it is setting codes for the throttle actuator system stuck open or closed then yes you would have to replace the throttle body

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello do you need more help with this concern?