George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Wiley i have neutral tow on my 2011 ranger the light will

Customer Question

Customer: wiley i have neutral tow on my 2011 ranger the light will not come on how can i tell if its in neutral and how can i test it thanks wiley
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: how do i know if the bulb is bad or if its not inneutral
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 12 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If the transfer case is in neutral you will be able to roll the truck with the transmission in park or in gear (manual) and the engine off and the park brake released.

The first step to testing the transfer case controls is to have the trouble codes read out of the engine and body computers.

Thank you