James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2000 ford windstar. Yesterday it started making a

Customer Question

I have a 2000 ford windstar. Yesterday it started making a weird noise when i pressed the brakes. I thought it needed new brake pads. I parked it with plans to replace the brake pads today. Today went to start it and it made a horrible noise and wouldnt start. Got under it and a bolt was broken off on the starter. Replaced the starter. Horrible noise is gone but still wont start. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 12 months ago.

Hello, if the engine still turning over?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It tried to buy then the starter started getting hot. You could smell something after we cranked on it 4 or 5 times.
Expert:  James replied 12 months ago.

The starter probably burnt up. If you have a test light or multi meter I can help you test it?

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Were you able to get your vehicle repaired?