Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My radiator cap was not put on properly, so the gauge didnt

Customer Question

My radiator cap was not put on properly, so the gauge didnt show overheating, the motor ticked heaps & I took pedal off, it then stalled. I looked under hood seen the prob, waited a couple of hours & filled it up with coolant & water, tried starting it as there was no oil in the water or other way around, it keeped kicking until battery went flat, waited another 5 hrs & tried with a good battery & nothing, we then towed around corner, left for days checked oil & water & all good but battery flattened again, it's not the heads as there would be water in it?
Please help 95 LTD 5ltr
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, the engine made noise and was overheating and shut down and now wont restart? Im not following your concern and making sure im understanding your question