Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Gh Ron, had a short on the starter relay and a big bang

Customer Question

High Ron, had a short on the starter relay and a big bang followed and engine shutdown. I am trying to trace if it was a fuse or maybe the cable to the starter blew up. The starter solenoid does click when I turn the ignition. Tried to short the solenoid terminals with a screw driver but no response from the starter. (Maybe starter cable or starter solenoid damage.) Your suggestion please.
Tinus Gous
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

At the starter relay at the 2 large connections is one of those battery voltage?

When trying to start are all 3 connections at the starter relay powered?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.