sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

99 CONTOUR NO SPARK JUST DID PLUGS AND WIRES 2 MISFIRE

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 99 CONTOUR NO SPARK JUST DID PLUGS AND WIRES FOR CYLINDER 2 MISFIRE RUNNING WHEN CAM IN
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: OIL ON SPARK PLUGS ALSO REPLACED VALVE COVER GASKETS REPLACED PCV ELBOWS AND MULTIPLE HOSES, VACUUM LEAKS.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a lack of spark. It could be a cam sensor, crank sensor or coil issue, wiring, the engine controller may not be awake or it may simply be a blown fuse.

Do you hear the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on?
Have you checked fuses?