James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

2006 Ford Five Hundred p016b p2106. I've cleaned the MAF

Customer Question

2006 Ford Five Hundred p016b p2106. I've cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body but the codes keep returning. Is there anything else I can try? I have logs from most available sensors from a short drive yesterday.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The following are logged. I can provide graphs of these if that's easier.
Absolute Throttle Position B(%)
Air Fuel Ratio(Commanded)(:1)
Engine RPM(rpm)
Evap System Vapour Pressure(Pa)
Fuel trim bank 1 sensor 1(%)
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Long Term(%)
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Short Term(%)
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Long Term(%)
Fuel trim bank 2 sensor 1(%)
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Short Term(%)
Intake Manifold Pressure(psi)
Mass Air Flow Rate(g/s)
O2 Volts Bank 1 sensor 1(V)
O2 Volts Bank 1 sensor 2(V)
O2 Volts Bank 2 sensor 1(V)
O2 Volts Bank 2 sensor 2(V)
Relative Throttle Position(%)
Throttle Position(Manifold)(%)
Expert:  James replied 12 months ago.

Hello, are these the only two codes that you are getting?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  James replied 12 months ago.

If you cleaned both items and still have the same concern. It sounds like your electronic throttle body has failed. Sometimes people are able to clean it to repair it but not always. I would recommend replacing the throttle body and this will fix your concern.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is there any way to isolate or test the throttle body? I've got a few days before I can get my hands on a replacement.
Expert:  James replied 12 months ago.

The only way to really isolate it is to clean it and disconnect the battery for 20 minutes. If it comes back we just replace the throttle body. If you have a multi meter I can send you the pinpoint test.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have a multi meter.
Expert:  James replied 12 months ago.

Ok I will post up the pinpoint test. All it does it have you test the wiring before replacing the throttle body. One thing you can try is unplug the mass air flow sensor and clear the codes. The vehicle will run rough when you start and idle but if you have your power back it isn't the throttle body but mass air flow sensor.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I disconnected my MAF sensor and the car behaved the same. I'm working on sourcing a replacement throttle body.
Expert:  James replied 12 months ago.

I would ask a dealer tomorrow. They have lowered the prices of many parts.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Were you able to get your concern fixed?