Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I need an ford mechanic specialized in hybrid battery pack I

Customer Question

I need an ford mechanic specialized in hybrid battery pack I have an ford escape 2005 hybrid but it will not go in to the hybrid mode sometime yes and then no. what can the problem be and when it is not going in to the hybrid mode I can know that because when I put my switch on I can hear the fan of the hybrid battery start.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

What I usually see as the most common issue for these not running in hybrid mode is an issue with the air conditioning. The air conditioning needs to be fully functional for the system to switch to hybrid mode. The system uses the air conditioning to help cool the battery back through the rear evaporator. If the air conditioning is slightly low on freon the pressure could intermittently fall out of acceptable range causing hybrid drive inhibit. That is the most common issue I see for this symptom, other than that the PCM and BCM modules would need to be scanned for faults and depending on what code(s) are stored would determine the next step in diagnosis.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello sir I just install an new a/c compressor can I call you give me your number then I will call you thank you sir

Sorry, I am not a part of the phone call program. You might want to double check the A/C refrigerant charge and make sure the A/C system is operating correctly.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sir I not get any help I will check the internet for more help

Is the air conditioning functioning normally?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
sir the air conditioning functioning normally

Ok thanks. At this point I would need to know if there are any codes stored in the powertrain control module or the battery control module. There are no other common issues for this symptom other than the A/C.