Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2006 Ford 500 heater fan runs on gh all the time.Ican not

Customer Question

my 2006 Ford 500 heater fan runs on high all the time.Ican not control it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for you question,

The problem you are describing is a very common problem and in most cases is caused by a failing blower motor speed controller and replacing it should resolve the problem. I have enclosed the replacement steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. The controller is located on the right side of the dash in the bottom of the AC/heater plenum, you will need to remove the instrument panel insulator to access it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/speed%20controller%20Dec%2012.pdf

Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

534309#ixzz3u6hTymw4

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Post back if you have more question and or need more help.