Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have an f250 Ford pickup truck 5.4 liters 1997 my question

Customer Question

I have an f250 Ford pickup truck 5.4 liters 1997 my question is the local mechanic installed 8 brand new ignition coils and 8 plugs and I still had the same problem with it no power especially on hills he then told me I need 2 catalytic converters so I got two new catalytic converter installed elsewhere which made the problem pretty much go away. I am having the same problem again but not as bad I've been told he put the incorrect ignition coils on by 2 Auto Supply stores he put on an FD _530 should he have replaced all eight ignition coils at one time ? in addition he charged me $112 a piece per coil and $14 apiece for spark plugs which is way out of line according to prices that I got
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

That is the correct part number for the coils for your vehicle. Replacing all eight at one time is overkill, I usually just replace the coil for the cylinder that is misfiring. For those prices you could have purchased Ford OEM coils and plugs instead of aftermarket. I see a lot of aftermarket coil failures here at the dealer. Is the lack of power a smooth steady bog down or is the engine misfiring which would feel more like a hesitation or bucking when trying to accelerate? How many miles since the converters were changed?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 11 months ago.

I am reposting my response in case there was an issue delivering the original response from December 9th.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Do you still need help on this concern?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris