HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2001 f150. If it gets below 40 degrees outside I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 f150. If it gets below 40 degrees outside I have to wear a coat when I drive. I put in a hotter thermostat, can flush heater core with a garden hose, full stream both ways. Both heater hoses are hot, blend door works and heater core is hot enuff I can't keep my hand on it. Where's the heat. Got everyone stumped, what's the deal?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

If you remove the temperature blend door motor and move the door all the way do you have full heat and move the door the other way by hand does it have full ac?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, not getting heat no matter what I do with the door.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

Do you have good airflow thru the vents or does it seem restricted?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Seems normal to me.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

Did you want to make a phone call? It popped up but said it couldnt process the payment. If the heater core is hot enough on both hoses and has good flow through it and the blend door is moving completely and the blend door is not broken I would suspect the heater core is covered with debris and not allowing the blower fan to blow through it properly and give you good heat, is like wrapping the core with a blanket and trying to blow through it. Typically we see this on the ac evaporator especially if you drive through fields like an agricultural vehicle would and usually shows signs of reduced airflow.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
On the back side? Yes I would rather talk, gave them a credit card# ***** this. Is that not good?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Look clean on this side.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

see if this works on your end might be a website issue

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
You have an unclaimed offer? That it? Won't show me anything.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

Thats all I have to suggest, if the airflow is good and the blend door is not cracked and diverting airflow away from the heater core or the lower portin of the core is restricted and just flowing through the upper portion. and not heating the whole core like it should. You would have to pull the dash to swap out the core to be sure and inspect the heater/ac case.