Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford Mustang: we put an aftermarket radio in my sons 2008 mustang

Customer Question

we put an aftermarket radio in my sons 2008 mustang coupe, after putting everything back together I have no power (no lights or anything) to the fan, heater, a/c or defrost.....any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer. Nothing at all has power or just the lights, HVAC?Does the new radio work?Will it start? Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything works except the HVAC panel, vehicle starts, blinkers, lights and radio work, but no power at all to the climate control panel....the panel illumination doesn't work and none of the controls work
ThanksFuses 3, 12, 10 under the dash is it good, and does it have power with the key on?Fuse 2 under the hood, is it good, with power all the time?If these are fine then we need to remove the HVAC module to check the powers and grounds at the back of it to see if something is missing or if the module is bad.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have checked all those fuses and everything checks out..... What's next
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.
Next we must remove the HVAC module from the dash to check the power and ground wires to it. If they are good then the module is faulty.Do you need me to upload diagrams?
I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. Thanks Chris