Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Engine won't start, not getting fuel to start. Scanner

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, Engine won't start, not getting fuel to start. Scanner returned Code P1633. 2006 6lt Diesel Ford F350.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine has lots of fuel, battery has 13.2 V but still won't start. P1633 cannot be erased with the scanner.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My nae is Jeremy and I will assist you.

That code means the Keep Alive Memory Voltage is Too Low.

The part of the PCM that gets the power to the KAM is below 10.5 volts. There could be a harness issue, battery cable issue, or the PCM itself. Look on the batteries on the passenger side. You will have a small red wire that comes off of it. Check that wire and follow to the fuse link. See if it is tripped. It powers the PCM. With good battery voltage, the harness might be at fault.

Good thing is your PCM is right on top of the engine and pretty easy to access. I would unplug the 3 plugs and check for corrosion and the wires going those plugs. Plug back in and see if the issue remains. If it does, then test the PCM for internal failure.

I wish it was an easy fix for you, but this one doesn't look like it will be.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?