Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2005 ford f250 6.0 turbo wont boost. i have tried

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 2005 ford f250 6.0 turbo wont boost . i have tried everything i know.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it has a new turbo , new sensor all lines have been cleaned out and exhaust checked
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What sensors were replaced?

Was the EBP one of them? Was the tube cleaned? If not, check it and clean that tube. It causes a good amount of these issues wit hthe turbo. The MAP sensor does as well.

CLICK HERE for EBP tube cleaning. When it gets plugged up, it will not allow the turbo to boost up. It can;t read the pressure to know when it needs to be boosted or not. The MAP controls the Vanes in the turbo so when it acts up, your turbo might spool, but the vanes will not function correctly and allow the turbo to build boost. Sometimes you can unplug the MAP sensor and the turbo will boost up to indicate there is an issue in the MAP for the PCM will go to a default mode.

Also, on the PCM, do you have any codes to rule out other issues? Also check the inlet hoses as well to make sure nothing is leaking.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?