HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2006 f350 6.0 I was having issues with the way the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 f350 6.0 I was having issues with the way the truck would run and took it to a mechanic friend who works at ford. he hooked up a laptop to the truck and was checking the FICM the injectors were all over the place 1st 1 then 1 and 5 then 1,3,5 etc. He said it was most likely the FICM since sometimes the truck would run good he said it was most likely going bad. and if it gets really bad all the time let him know and he would change the FICM. well that day came and it wouldn't start I called him and he was very busy we went back and forth talking and to make a short story long he said they make one that was pre programmed and told me to replace it. so I did hooked it back up and it is doing the exact same thing. its as if I never did a thing to it
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

Hello, it is most likely an issue with the actual fuel injectors themselves. A cylinder contribution test and injector buzz test can check their operation along with an injector flow test.Assuming there is no base engine issues going on like low compression cor instance. A diagnostic check for codes will probably show similar faults as you originally may have had. FICM's do go bad but so do fuel injectors over time