Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

This is 2005 Ford Explorer 4.0 L. When I started the

Customer Question

This is 2005 Ford Explorer 4.0 L. When I started the vehicle , the amplifier light becomes fix red light (normally it is flushing red),no crank and the cluster light black out. I turned the ignition off and then tried to start again , but there was no
sign of electrical contact?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Are you calling the PATS passive anti theft light the amplifier?

If there is a PATS issue, with the key on the PATS light will be flashing rapid. If you did not get this concern then lets start by checking the battery voltage. Can you verify it is 12.6 on the cables and posts?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris