EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2003 ford mustang. I changed out the battery. wen

Customer Question

I have a 2003 ford mustang. I changed out the battery. wen tout several hours later and it was dead again it's bleeding power when motor is off. v-6 motor automatic.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. There is most likely a module that is not powering down, or time out, when the car is shut off. Usually this could be like the audio module or the instrument cluster.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Checking for a draw can be very tedious and an understanding of amps and using a voltmeter is needed. I can help with that if you think thats something you can do. Otherwise what you could try is pull a fuse for say the radio and see if that stops the draw. Then do that for other fuses. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for at least viewing my response. Have you made any progress here? Please let me know and please rate my service to you. Thank you and have a great holiday.