Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2001 f250 with a 7.3 in it. it started off with a

Customer Question

I have a 2001 f250 with a 7.3 in it. it started off with a weird idle. it would go from about 500rpm to about a 1000 rpm. I put on a new cam sensor and throttle position sensor which didn't help. In the meantime it developed a miss after it would warm up. I then took it to the dealer where they put on a injector pressure regulator and an under valve cover wire harness. these too didn't help so they put on a fuel injector module that still made no difference. if anything it got worse. so I took it back and now they say it has an exhaust back pressure code in it. they say its puzzling them. I don't have money to just keep putting in parts so just wondering if you had any thoughts.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you disconnect the icp sensor is there oil present in the sensor?