Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The amplifier light on the dash board becomes steady red

Customer Question

the amplifier light on the dash board becomes steady red light when I started the vehicle and then it will black out. why?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Can you please explain what the amplifier light is? Or perhaps take a picture of the light and attach it with the paperclip icon? And please describe what the vehicle black out means.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the amplifier light is in the center top of the dash board. normally it is flashing red light. When I started the vehicle, it didn't crank .instead,the amplifier light becomes steady red light and the cluster lights is black out.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

That is the anti-theft light. Does the cluster only black out when the key is in the start position? Or is the cluster blacking out when the key is just turned to the ON position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree to your charges of $18. please give me your phone number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you want me to do now.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I can not make a phone call right now. I will open the question up to other experts that can take a call. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cluster is black out even when the key is out or in the start position .The remote doesn't work also when the amplifier light turn to fix red.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my contact info is correct.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello do you need more help with this concern? You wanted to make a phone call? The red pats theft indicator isnt flashing at all when the key is out of the ignition? It wont stay on steady when you turn the key to on and will no run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get any answer to my question yet.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Get with me in the tomorrow when you get a better look at the rest of the system