Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2004 F-250 is having issues turning over and sustaining

Customer Question

My 2004 F-250 is having issues turning over and sustaining power. It had died out on me while I was driving it by losing power to the accelerator, now it won't hardly start at all if it gets that far. If it does start it'll have a rough idle and no power to the throttle. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris here, what liter engine do you have? While running are there warning lights on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 6.0 turbo diesel powerstroke. And when I could get it running it didn't show any warning lights. On occasion beforehand it'd show a check engine light that coded for the cylinder 1 glow plug. Nothing else.

Using you scan tool, what is the ICP pressure for the high pressure oil system while cranking?

Do you have a fuel pressure tester?

Have you checked the filters and fuel and oil quality?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris