EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Hay, thank you me question yesterday, i hope you received my

Customer Question

Hay, thank you for answering me question yesterday, i hope you received my tip that i sent you as well.. i have another question for you. I have a 2014 f250 diesel, that i made the mistake of pouring def in the diesel nozzel.. I have flushed the system
by hooking a hose up to the upper fuel filter and turning the switch on and off.. I have changed out both fuel filters and ran another 20 gallon of fuel thru the system. The message is coming on the dash and saying that i have water in my fuel filter. (( Is
this a message that i need to clear the codes from the dash or is there still water in my filter. Keep in mind that i have already changed out the filters.. I got underneath the truck and turned the knob that is connected to the bottom filter to drain it again,
but all that comes out is fuel.. (( is that the water seperator)). i think that is the water seperator.. please tell me that i can save my engine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Did you start the engine with the DEF in the fuel?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

The water in fuel light should go off when it does not detect water on the sensor. The DEF when it mixes with fuel crystalizes. It is probably all crystalized on the water in fuel sensor causing the light to come on. You could first remove the sensor and see what it looks like and try to clean it off to see if that helps.