Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2013 taurus windshild washer will not pump. I am pretty sure

Customer Question

2013 taurus windshild washer will not pump. I am pretty sure I can hear the relay click but no pumping sound.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Can you access the pump connector, unplug it, monitor across the 2 pins for power and ground, command it on to see if you get the signal to the pump. If your getting signal but no pump operation then its the pump bad, if the pump runs but no fluid comes out then the lines are likely clogged. If you do not get signal, let me know.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, Thanks for your reply. I probably won't get back to looking at this again for a few days. It looks like I need to pull the front tire to accesses the pump. What I do know is there is no fuse so I am assuming it gets it's power from the wiper circuit. The line is not plugged.

To access the pump you, remove the front lower air deflector, remove the RH front tire, remove the RH front fender splash shield. The pump gets its power from a relay built into the wiper motor.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris