Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2014 f250. I message came up on the dash that said

Customer Question

I have a 2014 f250. I message came up on the dash that said there was water in the filter. I hooked a hose pipe up to the filter that is under the hood and drained the fuel out of the tank thru it, I then drained the fuel filters and replaced. I have rain 20 gallon thru the new system, but the message is still coming up on the dash. The new fuel looks very clean. I have put some in mason jars to look at and it looks good. Am I suppose to clear the message on the dash or is it telling me that there is still water in my tank and I am screwed. Please tell me what I should do.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you drain the lower water separator as well?