Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Can you change out the shifter knob on a 2004 F-150 without

Customer Question

Can you change out the shifter knob on a 2004 F-150 without the shifter in neutral?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, automatic? floor shift? have you tried anything? why are you removing shifter knob, curious, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top piece broke off a while ago and I was told the entire piece had to be replaced. I have pulled out the front piece that enables the shifter to move from park and cannot get it to go back in to get it to neutral. I have the lower piece down from the bottom of the shifter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
automatic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
floor shift.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I need to opt out, I am unsure on this one, Another expert should be along soon to help