Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Did 3of 8injectors alternator plug HPOP fuel bowl reseal

Customer Question

Did 3of 8injectors alternator plug HPOP fuel bowl reseal batteries 1000 cold crank . Truck runs fantastic when you get it running . 40 degrees 5 cycles of glow plugs and a long crank maybe it will start ???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Will plugging it in help if so then its a glow plug or oil pressure concern?

Did you test the glow plugs to see if any are not heating?

Do you have access to a scan tool to monitor the ICP pressure for 500psi minimum while cranking to see if there is a internal leak or IPR issue to blame?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything you mentioned has been tested an retested multiple times
Would the other injectors be causing this ? This has same cranking (long cracking))prior to the 3 injectors being replaced this truck only has 230000 km

As long as it is not misfiring once started, I do not suspect the injectors are to blame for the long crank issue.

Any codes stored?

What is the ICP pressure when cranking?

If you park it in a heated garage or when ambient air temp warms up does it start easier?

Can you check the FICM by doing an injector buzz test prior to starting cold?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris