Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2003 f350 super duty with a 6.0l. Today a relay

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2003 f350 super duty with a 6.0l. Today a relay started to chatter continuously in my dash while driving. It also chatters with the key off. Some quick troubleshooting shows that when I pull fuse 18 [turn lmps/brake on-off switch (high)] the chatter stops. I can't find the chattering relay although it sound like its to the right of the steering column. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thaks in advance.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

There are 2 relays behind the dash on the right of the steering wheel, behind the brake controller.

One is for he battery accessory delay and the other is for turn/brake circuit. Most likely the turn signal one is the one chattering. Either the relay is bad or the brake pedal sitch is bad. I would push the brake pedal and see if the chattering continues with the fuse back in, and then release. If it stops, then the brake pedal switch is the likely fault. If it keeps chattering, then the relay is the fault.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 12 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?