HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I just purchased a used 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer. It

Customer Question

I just purchased a used 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer. It has push button electronic controls for the climate system. The Front Dual Zone climate system is having an issue. Last Night I have the heat turned all the way to 90 and the blower on high (you can hear the blower working & increasing speed with the appropriate setting) but NONE (floor, dash or defrost) of the vents had any air flow at all.
This does not make any sense to me. If it were a diverter problem at least the air would come out somewhere, wouldn't it?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also thought it could be an AC freeze up from the defroster but this was happening right away from a cold start.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you have no air flow out of the front system at all? Do you have airflow out of the passenger side if you turn the passenger side system on manual controls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hear the blower working and stepping up to all speed levels inside the dash. No airflow (I can feel the vent exits are warm) from any of the front vents; defrost, dash or floor on either side. to the point that the entire front end of the car was fogging up last night both sides
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Drop the blower motor out of the blower case behind the glove box area and inspect the motor, even though you hear it running there may be a restriction inside the air box from either debris in the blower motor cage or a blend door above the blower motor may have failed and blocking airflow.If the blower motor looks ok, plug it in with it out and make sure it is moving air.If this is ok look into the hole for the motor and see if something is blocking the airflow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was considering doing the following: 1) open ducting and see if fan is actually attached to blower motor & spinning and 2) checking ducting for an obstruction like a rodent nest or leaves or something.Also, don't know if this could be related but the heated/cooled seats the light lights up for just about 2 seconds when you press the buttons but then goes out and no heating or cooling through the seats occurs either.Ahhh.... read your mind I guess....
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

yes sir, the motor cage might be seperated or an issue with the bearing in the motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK... I'll try that tonight and let you know what I find.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Very good, let me know

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?