Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a question group. 07 F350 6.0 been bulletproofed

Customer Question

I have a question for the group. 07 F350 6.0 been bulletproofed about a year ago with some other minor upgrades. 88000 miles! Out of nowhere one of the front cover bolts started a minor coolant leak. (And it's not the water pump) Does anyone know if the bolts go into a coolant passage or is it a gasket? Has anyone had this problem? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You have a coolant passage behind the front cover that uses o-rings and gasket. Just make sure you don't lose the whole o ring or you will get fluid mixing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand about the coolant passages. I've seen the new gasket but was wondering why it is only leaking around one bolt and not where the front cover mounts to the block? Does the bolt thread into a water passage? Why else would it only leak there?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Most likely you have a leak on the gasket and the bolt is the escape out. It can leak on any one of them. I've seen them leak on several of them. What I tend to find is I will pull the cover and see a small scratch on the face of the engine where the coolant traveled through to the bolt and out the bolt.

The bolts expand and decrease in sixe where the face of the engine and the back of the cover remain tight. The bolt is just the path og least resistance is all from the space in the threads.

To my knowledge, no there isn;t any bolts threaded into a water passage. They do thread next to them and I have seen some crack and leak as well, but most times it has been gaskets.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?