rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

FORD FUSION SE 2010 CAR IS MAKING A TERRIBLE GRINDING TYPE

Customer Question

FORD FUSION SE 2010 CAR IS MAKING A TERRIBLE GRINDING TYPE NOISE BUT IT WILL STOP FOR A WHILE ALSO
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

A noise like that can be coming from any part of the car. If you can be more specific as to where about or what area of the car, this will be much easier. In most cases it can come from an axle to a lift motor for suspension.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SEEMS LIKE THE DRIVER SIDE HARD TO TELL BECAUSE IT DOESN'T DO IT WHEN YOU ARE STOPPED.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DOES NOT SEEM TO BE COMING FROM THE MOTOR THOUGH
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Ok, there is a good chance that a suspension component is causing this sound. It would be great if you could have it raised in the air on a lift to inspect the whole under carriage. We want to be sure it's nothing dangerous.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN, ANYTHING SPECIFIC
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You have suspension components in the front rear and sides of the bottom of the car. Seeing that we're on the internet, that makes it a bit difficult to isolate that kind of a problem, but places like Sears auto center generally check things like this for free.

thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you have any further questions.