rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an Ford Five Hundred 2005 and it's got 200,000 miles

Customer Question

I have an Ford Five Hundred 2005 and it's got 200,000 miles on it, my problem is a low beam passenger side wont work. I have tested the new bulb for connectivity with tester and even installed it on the other side it works, then with no power on I tested the plug and both have tested good. any thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

This sounds more like a socket problem with either the ground or power side. Use a meter to test it. If the wiring is ok, then the body computer may be at fault.

Thanks, Ron