Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2005 and a 2006 mustang and when it rains water

Customer Question

I have a 2005 and a 2006 mustang and when it rains water pours in on the passenger side on both cars. What could it be? Is it something that is wrong with Mustangs made in those years?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Convertible?

Looking at the water, where does it appear to be pooling and originating from?

Are they parked on level ground when this occurs?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on level ground and if looks in the passenger side of both muctangs. No they are not convertibles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean to say it looks in the passenger side from under from under the dash by my feet.

Thanks, ***** ***** leak origin is the fresh air intake for the HVAC system. This air comes in under the passenger side cowl under the wiper arm. There is a big trough under there which collects water and drains it out into the fenders. Often tree debris clog the drains and a hard rain causes the trough to overfill allowing water to dump into the fresh air intake. This is the first thing I would check out.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris