Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000
29534642

2000 Excursion V10. rough running from 0 to around 45, then

Customer Question

2000 Excursion V10. rough running from 0 to around 45, then runs ok. use same gas from almost same station. Problem in intermittent. What should I look for?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help. Are the coil packs, (They go right on the plug on this model, and there are 10 of them) Are they original to your knowledge, they do fail, and will arc out the side of them before the spark gets to the plug, expecially in damp conditions. I would take a spray bottle, lightly spray some water on them one at a time, and see if the engine runs rough when you do that, If you have a bad coil pack, it will run rough when you spray it with water most likely. Being it's intermittent, that is what I would check first. Is that check engine light on or off? or have you seen it come on and go off while driving lately?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The check engine light never comes on. Not sure if the coil packs have been replaced. I bought the excursion just a few years ago. We did have rain up through yesterday but clear today. I'll see how it runs this afternoon.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, sounds good. let me know if you have any further questions or if that took care of it. thank you.