tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

Have a 2003 ford f150 with 5.4 engine. workign on a job to

Customer Question

brad- have a 2003 ford f150 with 5.4 engine. workign on a job to replace exhaust headers that has turned into a head replacement due to broken bolts on the head that will not come out. options are to replace with aftermarket heads or rebuild the heads. Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

this would depend on the amount of money you want to spend,it would be much cheaper to fix your heads,,

though,you may concider having a machine shop to look at your broken bolt,they may have an idea of how to remove the bolt and fix the threads without removing the heads

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.