Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

89 f250,351 starts fine when cold. dies after warmed up,

Customer Question

89 f250,351 starts fine when cold. dies after warmed up, replace disturber, plugs wires. most of EGR has been removed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you determine what is failing I need you to check some things when the engine stalls and will not start, check to see if you are loosing spark to the spark plugs or injector pulse and or fuel pressure. Check each one of these for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was unable to check your request last night as I had to work late. I will also be gone for two and half weeks, vacation time. Can we follow up on this when I get back? Thanks Matthew
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Sure Matthew,

Post back when your ready and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do know that when it dies and I try to restart, it turns over very hard. Like the timing is WAY to far advanced. Slow to turn over.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

That can be caused by the timing being to far advanced or a dragging starter and even a weak battery.