Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Had an ice storm and I left my 2007 Ford Fusion out and the

Customer Question

Had an ice storm and I left my 2007 Ford Fusion out and the driver side was exposed to the ice and wind. Had about a 1/4 inch of ice on driver side. I got in the passenger side and started car. I let warm up. After scraping ice off, I backed up to leave and the engine lite and the little wrench lite thing come on and when I went to take off out of the driveway it seemed there wasn't much power. Like I had my foot on the brake. Once I got going it ran fine. I come to a stop sign and when I went to go again hardly any power. There is no noise coming from anything or any other problems. What gives, any idea?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely either water/ice made it into the engine bay and froze some electronics or worked its way into a wiring connection causing this issue before as I have seen before or the engine air filter inlet is frozen with ice build up with the ice needing removed.These are usually what occurs in a storm like this here.

I would check the engine air filter and air filter inlet for any ice build up that needs removed.If this is found to be o.k then you can check over the engine wiring and electrical components visually to see if you can see any issues needing corrected like ice removed from any engine components or connections.

If these all appear o.k. the next step would be to have a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to read out all the fault codes set with this issue.This will require a scan tool that can read your vehicle and places like Auto Zone will usually read the codes at no cost to you.Once the codes are read out they will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete