Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

My air bag light on my 2006 ford Taurus flashes once then 3

Customer Question

my air bag light on my 2006 ford Taurus flashes once then 3 times a couple of times then stays on what is the problem or code
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

A live data scanner capable of accessing the Air bag diagnostics will be needed in order to obtain the code and diagnose the problem, common issues are the sensors in the seats for occupancy detection, the seat belts, the air bags themselves and rarely the airbag computer, WARNING: While the light is on, the airbags are non functional in the event of a collision!!!! Have this repaired as soon as possible for your safety. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.