Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2004 ford freestar transmission wont go unless i get the

Customer Question

my 2004 ford freestar transmission wont go unless i get the revs up then it works and shifts fine in drive but i have to get it moving in first gear and once im doing 70 k i can shift to drive and it works
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Unable to accelerate in drive first gear means the forward clutch is slipping from clutch plate wear or faulty piston seals. You mentioned the fluid was filthy. Dirty fluid is a sign the transaxle fluid is not serviced regularly or the fluid has gotten to hot from slippage or the trans oil is contaminated with friction material from the clutch plates and bands worn. Let me know the extent of your trans repair ability so I can help you through this repair.

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris