Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

08 6.4 power stroke started knocking then wouldn't turn

Customer Question

08 6.4 power stroke started knocking then wouldn't turn over!!! Maybe looked up or ???? Any help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Since it will not crank now, we must get the glow plugs out, then try to crank it to see if coolant, oil or fuel blows out of one or more of the cylinders indicating it is hydro-locked. I would need to know which fluid came out to help diagnose why its there. If it now cranks with the glow plugs out but still sounds bad from the engine then its likely a bent rod. If it will not turn with the glow plugs out, its likely a broken rod. Is the oil or coolant low or contaminated?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Do you need some more assistance?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris