Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2006 Ford Explore V6 2WD with 100Kmi on it. It

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2006 Ford Explore V6 2WD with 100Kmi on it. It recently started making a humming noise at speeds above 30 MPH on up to 65MPH. I noticed the left front wheel bearing was dry and replaced it but the noise persists. The tires were near end of life so I replaced them yet the noise persists. i sat in the 3rd row seat at freeway speed and the noise isn't any louder than in the front seat. it's independent of braking or accelerating which makes me think it's a wheel bearing. Any idea?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had the alignment checked and the left rear is marginally out and I plan to have that addressed after I resolve the humming noise.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yeah, I can wait, I'm surfing the web as we speak.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello does the noise get quieter or louder if you rock the steering wheel from left to right/ Does the noise go away if you take your foot off the throttle and coast?